Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hoppy Easter

Having not made a cake in a while, I decided to make a bunny rabbit cake for Easter. 

This cake is a fun task to do with children. I have already made a carved bunny cake before so I decided to go simple with this one. I made two nine-inch round carrot cakes (one with nuts and one without). One of the cakes I left whole to make the head and the other cake I cut out two ear shaped pieces and left the rest to make the giant bow tie. Below is a rough template you can use.
This idea of using two cakes to make a bunny has been used for many years in my family (we normally make a cat cake rather than a bunny though). I wanted to make a cake but I also wanted to have fun with it....Here is it! I hope everyone had a very happy Easter. 


What Easter desserts did you make this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment