Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A very Suessical birthday!

For those of you who don't know, I share my birthday with my Uncle Tom and Dr. Suess (March 2nd). This year, I decided to make a Dr. Suess themed birthday cake for my uncle. Soooo......without further ado, here it is!

The picture above is the cake with a base coat on it....It is The Cat in the Hat's hat :) It has two layers of yellow cake, six layers of chocolate cake and one layer (the biggest layer/rim of the hat) marble cake.




I decorated the cake to look the way Dr. Suess's books are drawn. If you are a fan of his books like I am, you can surely appreciate this cake.  


Here is the final product....the whole thing was frosted and layered with buttercream frosting, just colored to match the theme. The cake was a hit and really delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment